Friday, October 29, 2010

Lunges

First I really want to thank Todd and Shuttle Systems for the upgrade of our Shuttle Balance to the Pro edition.  It looks great out there and I know a lot of our patients appreciate the upgrade as well. Thanks guys!!

Today I wanted to demonstrate another basic exercise.  I decided to perform lunges on the Shuttle Balance.  I showed a forward, lateral and back lunge.  Not only do you get the benefits from lunging onto the Shuttle Balance, you also have some added difficulty and getting your lead foot off of the Balance. 

Always be sure to have the patient/athlete perform with proper body alignment.  Make sure their knees never go over their toes and that they try and keep their back leg straight.  This will help prevent any injuries while performing this exercise.



Hope you enjoyed the demonstration.  If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at sportrehab@live.com.  Thanks for tuning in!

PS - Great game last week by my Tigers! Let's hope we can carry it onto Lincoln and take down the big red!

No comments:

Post a Comment